Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blog Design

Blog Design
I think the most important thing to consider in a blog design is usability. It needs to be designed so that the colours and format make it appealing and easy to read. It is also essential that titles are explicit, as this assists a visitor viewing the blog to read entries that they are interested in and they are relevant.

Blogger.com as viewed in relation to the ‘Nine Design Strategies suggested by Kim (2000a, 2000b).
The purpose of the community in which I am using Blogger presently is to record my reflections, opinions, intellectual growth and answer questions posed by my course coordinator. In essence the groupware makes the establishment of our learning community easy, although while I follow some of my ITC peers I have not been able to easily follow those who chose to blog with another blog product. I have found that I have been able to seek assistance from those who have blogged before to sort out small issues I have had with formatting and set up and this has been greatly appreciated. I can't say that in my small connected blog group a leader has been fostered, this may be because we are really only fulfilling the requirements of our study rather than following people out of choice. Community rules have been established in a silent and probably obvious way, because this blog is related to study, all our comments are related to study and there are few personal details shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment